Technology these days seems to advance every second, we’re constantly met with phone updates, automatic skateboards, flying cameras and whatever other crazy things people come up with, but the potentially life-saving advances seem to get put on the back burner. So today, Toyota of Orlando is going to highlight one of the most amazing advances in safe driving, the Toyota Safety Sense system (TSS).
Be the hero of Orlando’s highways
There are two different Toyota Safety Sense bundles available, Toyota Safety Sense c and Toyota Safety Sense p. We’re going to break down the features that you can get with either package. You can find these innovative safety features in select 2016 and 2017 models. However, in the near future all Toyota models will come with these additions to give you peace of mind when your wheels hit Orlando’s busy highways. Let’s check out these TSS safe driving features:
1. Pre-Collision System (PCS): Through the use of an integrated camera, laser, or radar this system can detect when you’re approaching another vehicle. Your vehicle will alert you through audio and visual cues that you’re driving too close and at risk of a frontal car collision. What’s most impressive about the PCS is that if you don’t brake in time, the system can brake for you to avoid the potential collision or minimize its severity.
2. Lane Departure Alert (LDA): If you’re on a road with clear lane distinction and driving over 32 mph this alert system is activated. LDA will notify you visually and audibly when you’re vehicle is beginning to stray into a neighboring lane. This way, when the distracted driver in you takes over your car will help you snap out of it.
3. Automatic High Beams (AHB): Only activated at speeds of 25 mph and above, these beams operate on a camera inside your vehicle that detects other car’s headlights and taillights. When the beams detect oncoming cars they will adjust between the high and low settings to light your car appropriately. The main goal being to not only increase visibility but also alert drivers of pedestrians and other obstacles earlier on.
4. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC): Resist the urge to tailgate slower cars with this part of TSS. Similar to normal cruise control, the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control system allows your car to drive at a set speed based on the distance between you and the car ahead of you. DRCC determines a safe driving distance through an in-vehicle camera and grille-mounted radar. If this system senses a car too close it will automatically decrease your speed. If your car believes you need to slow down even more, it will apply the brakes and alert you through audio and visual cues. Once the close distance is corrected, DRCC will speed up and your standard cruise control will take back over.
5. Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD): With the goal of increasing pedestrian safety and reducing your risk of collisions, this system utilizes an in-vehicle camera and radar to detect people, objects, and other cars in front of you. If PCS w/ PD alerts you of a likely frontal collision and you apply your brakes, the system can help you and apply additional brake force with the Brake Assist system. Furthermore, if you do not press your brakes at all, the system will brake for you to minimize any damage or avoid a collision.
Safe driving in your new Toyota
As you can see, Toyota Safety Sense is the safe driving of the future. You can find this system in your favorite new Toyota models in Orlando such as the Toyota Yaris, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Sienna, Toyota Tundra, and more! Don’t miss your opportunity to have your dream set of wheels with the safety features of tomorrow. We’re open seven days a week at 3575 Vineland Road. Call us at (407) 298- 4500 and schedule your test drive today!