Balancing a busy work schedule and a demanding social life is the perfect recipe for a messy car. That’s why Toyota of Orlando is here to help you get an early start on your spring cleaning with some DIY cleaning hacks. Follow these car maintenance tips and you’ll be sporting a spotless set of wheels in no time!
DIY Car Maintenance Hacks
- Car Trash Can: When you’re busy it’s easy to let fast food bags, straw wrappers, and coffee cups build up in your car. To avoid this mess make yourself a car trash can. Grab an empty cereal box container and place a small trash bag in it. Place this on the floor of your vehicle in the front or back seat and avoid trash build-up. Make sure to change out the bag once a week!
- Armrest Compartment Organizers: Don’t let your armrest compartment turn into a “junk drawer”. Use this convenient space as storage for items you always want on hand. Our Orlando Toyota dealership recommends placing pen holders or cups in this compartment. These containers make for easy storing of pens, chargers, hand sanitizer, tissues and other essentials.
- DIY All-Purpose Cleaner: Once your Orlando Toyota is decluttered, it’s time to clean the interior. Save some money and keep it natural with an all-purpose cleaner you can make right at home! Blend equal parts of water, baby oil and vinegar with a drop of tea tree oil and your favorite essential oil. Place it in a spray bottle and you’re done. This is safe to use on all interior surfaces and it will have your car smelling fantastic! Be sure to add this step to your routine car maintenance schedule to preserve your interior.
- Trunk Organizer: Now that the cabin of your car is clean, it’s time to work on the trunk. A great car maintenance trick to avoid a messy trunk is a trunk organizer. Find these online or at your local superstore. Then empty your trunk of all unnecessary items and place the organizer in. Our Orlando service center suggests storing all of your just-in-case items here – jackets, non-perishable snacks, a first aid kit and an extra pair of shoes, to name a few.
- DIY Air Freshener: Now that your car is pristine, make an air freshener to finish it off! There are a multitude of air fresheners to choose from at the store, but they can be expensive and have a short shelf-life. Making a DIY freshener gives you an affordable and natural solution. You’ll need a clothespin, felt balls and your favorite essential oil. Hot-glue a couple of pompoms to the clothespin and add a couple of drops of oil onto them and you have yourself an air freshener. Clip the clothespin onto your air vent and enjoy the sweet smell of a clean car!
Get on a good service routine with Toyota of Orlando
Having a clean car is as easy as that! Try these car maintenance tips and we promise you won’t be disappointed. After all, having a clean car can make your hectic life just a little easier. Stop by Toyota of Orlando and have our service techs set up your routine maintenance schedule. We’re always running service specials to give you the maintenance you need at a price you deserve. We’re located at 3575 Vineland Rd and are open seven days a week. See you soon!